Our Top Laptop Picks for College Students
We’ve come a long way from taking notes by hand. Today’s college students need to be prepared for more than just long nights in libraries. If you’re going to stay ahead of the curve this school year, you’re going to need a laptop that can keep up.
We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of the most sought after computers for the most studious college goers, highlighting their greatest features (and some downfalls) so whether you’re studying, fashion, physics or psychology, you can trust that your needs will always be met.
- Dell XPS 13 At the top of our list is a classic laptop that has been ranked amongst the Top 10 laptops for students for years. Powerful and affordable this laptop is suited for most college needs. 128GB – 2TB of SSD storage, 8th generation Intel Core (i3-i7) CPU, an impressive battery life, above average screen display and keyboard space at a reasonable price point, it’s no wonder this laptop is the company’s flagship computer.
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 A close runner up, the Surface 2 by Microsoft offers valuable upgrades compared to the Surface 1. The company has improved the model and it now offers 8th generation Intel Kaby Lake Refreshers. While this laptop offers the purest Windows 10 experience, in our opinion it doesn’t provide enough ports for its size, but don’t rule it out yet. The internal specs 1.7GHz Intel Core i5-8250U (quad-core, 6MB cache, up to 3.4GHz boost) and 128 -256GB SSD storage still mean this laptop will carry you from September to summer school with ease.
- HP Envy 13t Not to be outdone, HP has featured a highly responsive keyboard in their contribution to our list. While the display could be improved compared to Microsoft’s Surface 2the powerful performance and long-lasting battery life of this laptop are a valuable asset that will fit most student budgets. CPU: Intel Core i5/Core Storage: 256GB/512GB/1TB
- Acer Swift 5 When it comes to school, function beats form every time so don’t let the basic appearance of this laptop fool you. The Acer Swift 5 is ready to tackle any assignment you throw at it! This ultrabook is an affordable and reliable, lightweight computer to carry back and forth from class with ease. With an impressive 15.6 inch display, 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-8265U CPU and up to 256GB PCIe SSD storage. The small but might Swift 5 is great for any student needs.
- Dell Inspiron Chromebook 11 Dell makes their way onto this list for a second time with the most affordable option so far. Buyer be aware this laptop is not suitable for al collegel pathways. Recommended for students who simply need something to do their research and typing on, this chromebook can save a family hundreds in technology expenses. Coming in under $300 this sturdy laptop has a long battery life, 1.6GHz Intel Celeron N3060 CPU and 64GB eMMC storage.
- Apple Macbook Air (2018) No laptop list would be complete without at least one entry from Apple. Rounding out our list of the Top 5 Laptops for College Students is the highly anticipated update of the lighter and thinner Macbook Air. Perfect for carrying across campus the newest version of the Macbook Air features 8th generation fanless processors, a retina display, 256GB PCIe SSD storage, and 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-8210Y (dual-core, 4 threads, 4MB cache, up to 3.6GHz)CPU. This Mac offers great value to loyal Apple users ready to take on their college dreams.
Want the Free Guide to Paying for College! Get it now!